Time & Location
Dec 04, 2021, 10:30 AM
Downtown Johnson City, TN
Rules & Guidelines
Parade rules and information are designed to remind participants that sometimes even the most innocent actions can provoke significant problems in a crowded area. The rules are in place to ensure that we have an orderly, safe and joyful parade.
RULES: (Please communicate rules to all members of your parade entry!)
- Entry fee of $95 For-profit OR $45 for Non-profit organizations must be paid online with registration for the parade. Marching Bands will not pay a fee, but do need to register. Parade waiver information is included with payment of entry fee.
- Applications and waivers received after 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 22, 2021, will be pay an additional $25 late fee. This fee must be paid before entry into parade.
- Each vehicle/float per group entry will be assessed an entry fee.
- Floats/vehicles must depict different, fun &/or outrageous decorating ideas around the parade theme. This year’s theme is: The Nutcracker.
- No horses are allowed.
- Marching units must remain moving along the parade route at all times. You may not stop to perform maneuvers.
- Any distribution of candy or other items must be handed out. Candy may not be thrown from floats or vehicles.
- PLEASE NO SANTA! Santa will be at the end of the parade. We do not want to confuse the children.
- Vehicles cannot be entered for advertising purposes only. Exceptions are classic cars, municipal vehicles and pageant queen cars.
- Floats must be under 13 ft. 6 in. in height.
- ETSU Student Parking Lot #9 beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021. (Corner of University Parkway & State of Franklin and W. Walnut St. & Gilbreath). The parade will begin at 10:30 a.m.
- Line-up placement information will be emailed to participants on or by Wednesday, December 1.
West Walnut, crossing University Parkway, continues on West Walnut to Buffalo Street, crosses E. State of Franklin, down East Main Street, right on Colonial Way, left to E. State of Franklin and ending in the Old Burley Lot at the corner of E. State of Franklin and Legion Street. All entries must stay towards the middle of the parade route roads for the safety of spectators.
The Parade Committee reserves the right to deny entrance to parade for:
- Late arrivals.
- Entries that do not comply with rules.
- Entries deemed inappropriate or unsafe.
For questions or more information, email email@example.com
For Profit Organization
+$2.38 service fee
+$2.38 service fee0
+$1.13 service fee
+$1.13 service fee0
Checks must be received before December 1, 2019. Please mail your check to: Blue Plum Organization Christmas Parade PO Box 1823 Johnson City, TN 37605